- Full Title:
- More, Thomas Saint,
- Other Author:
- Logan, George M.
Adams, Robert Merrihew.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Thomas More ; edited by George M. Logan ; translated by Robert M. Adams
- Cambridge texts in the history of political thought
- 3rd edition.
- xli, 141 p.
- This is a fully revised edition of one of the most successful volumes in the Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought series. Incorporating...
Summary:This is a fully revised edition of one of the most successful volumes in the Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought series. Incorporating extensive updates to the editorial apparatus, including the introduction, suggestions for further reading, and footnotes, this third edition of More's Utopia has been comprehensively re-worked to take into account scholarship published since the second edition in 2002. The vivid and engaging translation of the work itself by Robert M. Adams includes all the ancillary materials by More's fellow humanists that, added to the book at his own request, collectively constitute the first and best interpretive guide to Utopia. Unlike other teaching editions of Utopia, this edition keeps interpretive commentary - whether editorial annotations or the many pungent marginal glosses that are an especially attractive part of the humanist ancillary materials - on the page they illuminate instead of relegating them to endnotes, and provides students with a uniquely full and accessible experience of More's perennially fascinating masterpiece.
- • Preface • Textual practices • Introduction • Chronology • Suggestions for further reading • Thomas More to Peter Giles • Book I • Book...
Contents:• Preface • Textual practices • Introduction • Chronology • Suggestions for further reading • Thomas More to Peter Giles • Book I • Book II • Ancillary materials from the first four editions • Index.
- Publisher & Date:
- Cambridge, United Kingdom : Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Date of Publication:
- Cambridge University Press
- A 8.5.2
- 9781107128491 (hbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|A 8.5.2 MorT 2016||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
A 8.5.2 MorT 2016