Gramsci : pre-prison writings
- Full Title:
- Gramsci : pre-prison writings
- Other Author:
- Bellamy, Richard.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- edited by Richard Bellamy
- Cambridge texts in the history of political thought
- lii, 350 p.
- This 1994 collection of Gramsci's pre-prison writings, translated and including a number of pieces not previously available in English, covers the whole gamut of his...
Summary:This 1994 collection of Gramsci's pre-prison writings, translated and including a number of pieces not previously available in English, covers the whole gamut of his journalistic activity, ranging from general cultural criticism to commentaries on local, national and international events. These early articles reveal the genesis of many of the themes of the Prison Notebooks, such as the function of intellectuals, the importance of cultural hegemony in holding societies together, and the role of the party in organising a revolutionary consciousness. In particular, the collection highlights the specifically Italian political, cultural and social origins and relevance of much of Gramsci's innovatory reworking of certain central concepts of Marxist thought. It will be of interest to a broad range of scholars and students concerned with the history of political, social and cultural thought in the twentieth century.
- 1. On Marx 2. The new order 3. Socialism and fascism 4. The construction of the Italian Communist Party....
Contents:1. On Marx 2. The new order 3. Socialism and fascism 4. The construction of the Italian Communist Party.
- Publisher & Date:
- Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Date of Publication:
- Cambridge University Press
- A 8.5.3
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|A 8.5.3 GraA 1994||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
A 8.5.3 GraA 1994