European Union law : text and materials
- Full Title:
- European Union law : text and materials
- Chalmers, Damian.
- Other Author:
- Davies, Gareth T.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Damian Chalmers, Gareth Davies and Giorgio Monti
- Related Title:
- Other edition available : 3rd edition (2014)
- 4th edition
- cxvi, 1022 p.
- As the preferred choice on EU law for both teachers and students, this textbook offers an unrivalled combination of expertise, accessibility and comprehensive coverage. Written...
Summary:As the preferred choice on EU law for both teachers and students, this textbook offers an unrivalled combination of expertise, accessibility and comprehensive coverage. Written in a way which combines clarity with sophisticated analysis, it stimulates students to engage fully with the sometimes complex material, and encourages critical reflection. The new edition reflects the challenges facing the European Union now, with dedicated chapters on Brexit, the migration crisis and the euro area, and with further Brexit materials and analysis integrated wherever relevant. Materials from case law, legislation and academic literature are integrated throughout to present the student with the broadest range of views and deepen understanding of the context of the law. A dedicated site introduces students to the wide ranging debates found in blogs on EU law, EU affairs more generally and Brexit. This is a required text for all interested in European Union law.
- 1. European integration and the Treaty on European Union 2. The EU institutions 3. Law-making 4. The EU Judicial Order 5. The authority of EU...
Contents:1. European integration and the Treaty on European Union 2. The EU institutions 3. Law-making 4. The EU Judicial Order 5. The authority of EU Law 6. Fundamental rights 7. Rights and remedies in national courts 8. The infringement proceedings 9. Judicial review 10. Brexit 11. Citizenship of the Union 12. Non-EU nationals 13. Equal opportunities law and policy 14. The internal market 15. Economic and Monetary Union 16. The free movement of goods 17. The free movement of services 18. The pursuit of an occupation in another Member State 19. Trade restrictions and public goods 20. EU Competition law: function and enforcement 21. Antitrust and monopolies 22. State aid law.
- Publisher & Date:
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Date of Publication:
- Cambridge University Press
- EU 50
- 9781108463591 (pbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|EU 50 Cha 2019||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
EU 50 Cha 2019