Australian uniform evidence law
- Full Title:
- Australian uniform evidence law
- Hum, Fiona.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Fiona Hum ... [et al.].
- xlv, 566 p.
- Australian Uniform Evidence Law offers a practical, clear and student-friendly introduction to the law of evidence and its operation across Uniform Evidence Act jurisdictions Using...
Summary:Australian Uniform Evidence Law offers a practical, clear and student-friendly introduction to the law of evidence and its operation across Uniform Evidence Act jurisdictions Using a logical structure with the Evidence Act 1995 (Cth) as its point of reference, this text introduces basic concepts before leading into more detailed coverage of the Act.
Curated cases and excerpts from the legislation, with clear summaries and explanations of the rules, help students understand the application of the Act. Practice problems at the end of each chapter provide students with the opportunity to test their knowledge of each topic. Additionally, a 'Putting it all together' chapter at the end of the text challenges students with complex problems. Guided solutions, a summary of the key points discussed, key terms and definitions, and guides to further reading are included for each chapter. Providing clear explanation and engaging examples, this highly readable text is an essential resource for students.
- Introduction -- Adducing evidence -- Relevance -- Hearsay -- Opinion -- Admissions -- Tendency and coincidence -- Credibility -- Character -- Identification evidence -- Privileges...
Contents:Introduction -- Adducing evidence -- Relevance -- Hearsay -- Opinion -- Admissions -- Tendency and coincidence -- Credibility -- Character -- Identification evidence -- Privileges -- Discretionary and mandatory exclusions -- Facilitation of proof and ancillary matters -- Putting it all together.
- Publisher & Date:
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Date of Publication:
- Cambridge University Press
- AU 283.5
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|AU 283.5 Hum 2019||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
AU 283.5 Hum 2019