International and transnational crime and justice
- Full Title:
- International and transnational crime and justice
- Natarajan, Mangai.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Mangai Natarajan
- 2nd ed.
- xlv, 535 p. : ill
- International crime and justice is an emerging field that covers crime and justice from a global perspective. This book introduces the nature of international and...
Summary:International crime and justice is an emerging field that covers crime and justice from a global perspective. This book introduces the nature of international and transnational crimes, theoretical foundations to understanding the relationship between social change and the waxing and waning of the crime opportunity structure, globalization, migration, culture conflicts, and the emerging legal frameworks for their prevention and control. It presents the challenges involved in delivering justice and international cooperative efforts to deter, detect, and respond to international and transnational crimes; and the need for international research and data resources to go beyond anecdote and impressionistic accounts to testing and developing theories to build the discipline that bring tangible improvements to the peace, security and well-being of the globalizing world. A timely analysis of a complex subject of international crime and justice for students, scholars, policymakers and advocates who strive for the pursuit of justice for millions of victims.
- • Part I. Overview • Part IA. Varieties of Transnational Crime • Part IB. Transnational Organized Crime • Part IC. Factors that Facilitate Transnational Crimes...
Contents:• Part I. Overview • Part IA. Varieties of Transnational Crime • Part IB. Transnational Organized Crime • Part IC. Factors that Facilitate Transnational Crimes • Part ID. Transnational Justice Matters • Part II. Overview • Part IIA. Core International Crimes (As Defined by the Rome Statute, 1998) • Part IIB. International Crime and Justice for Women and Children • Part IIC. International Justice • Part III. Overview.
- Publisher & Date:
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Date of Publication:
- Cambridge University Press
- E 25
- 9781108597296 (hbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|E 25 Nat 2019||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
E 25 Nat 2019