Digital piracy : a global, multidisciplinary account
- Full Title:
- Digital piracy : a global, multidisciplinary account
- Other Author:
- Caldwell Brown, Steven.
Holt, Thomas J.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Edited By Steven Caldwell Brown, Thomas J. Holt
- Routledge Studies in Crime and Society
- 286 p.
- Non-Commercial digital piracy has seen an unprecedented rise in the wake of the digital revolution; with wide-scale downloading and sharing of copyrighted media online, often...
Summary:Non-Commercial digital piracy has seen an unprecedented rise in the wake of the digital revolution; with wide-scale downloading and sharing of copyrighted media online, often committed by otherwise law-abiding citizens. Bringing together perspectives from criminology, psychology, business, and adopting a morally neutral stance, this book offers a holistic overview of this growing phenomenon. It considers its cultural, commercial, and legal aspects, and brings together international research on a range of topics, such as copyright infringement, intellectual property, music publishing, movie piracy, and changes in consumer behaviour. This book offers a new perspective to the growing literature on cybercrime and digital security.
- • Introduction • Digital Piracy: A Global, Multidisciplinary Account: Contextualising Digital Piracy • Section I: Evolving Media Consumption Practices • The Times They Are a-Changin’:...
Contents:• Introduction • Digital Piracy: A Global, Multidisciplinary Account: Contextualising Digital Piracy • Section I: Evolving Media Consumption Practices • The Times They Are a-Changin’: Digital Music Value in Transition from Piracy to • Digital Piracy, New Media and Consumer Choice (Holly Tessler and Kenny Forbes) • Anti-piracy Policies, Online Film Circulation and On-demand Culture: The Italian • Section II: Approaches to Understanding Digital Piracy • The Social and Applied Psychology of Engagement in Music Piracy • An Examination of Digital Piracy Behavior through the Lens of Cultural and Non-Cultural Variables Copyright Infringement and Cultural Participation • Who Cares if Taytay Gets Pay Pay? Shake it Off: The Apathy of the Contemporary Music Consumer • Section III: Assessments of the Impact of Digital Piracy • DeLiberating the Information Commons: A Critical Analysis of Intellectual Property and Piracy • The Criminality of Digital Piracy: Is it a Pathway More Serious Offending? • Criminology’s Contribution to the Study of Digital Piracy Conclusions • Identifying Paths Forward in the Study of Piracy • Index
- Publisher & Date:
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2021.
- Date of Publication:
- GB 142.3
- 9780367482381 (pbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|GB 142.3 Cal 2021||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
GB 142.3 Cal 2021