Advanced introduction to legal research methods
- Full Title:
- Advanced introduction to legal research methods
- Hirsch Ballin, Ernst M. H.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Ernst Hirsch Ballin
- Elgar advanced introductions series
- 136 p.
- Elgar Advanced Introductions are stimulating and thoughtful introductions to major fields in the social sciences, business and law, expertly written by the world’s leading scholars....
Summary:Elgar Advanced Introductions are stimulating and thoughtful introductions to major fields in the social sciences, business and law, expertly written by the world’s leading scholars. Designed to be accessible yet rigorous, they offer concise and lucid surveys of the substantive and policy issues associated with discrete subject areas. In this carefully drafted work, Ernst Hirsch Ballin uncovers the foundations of legal research methods, an area of legal scholarship distinctly lacking in standardisation. Offering a critical overview of the theories underlying methodological research, as well as the methods themselves, the book explores how such methods differ along critical, empirical, and fundamental lines, and how, by building on these approaches, legal research may contribute to well-considered developments in the law. Such explorative research, the author argues, is crucial in overcoming crises and restoring trust in the law. Key features include: • an exploration of the common object of legal research: law in the sense of legal rules, decisions, principles and values • special emphasis on the legal-grammatical category of personhood and on constitutional foundations • a consideration of law as a normative language intended to guide behaviour • a consideration of the theoretical underpinnings of legal research methods.
- Preface 1. Common object of legal research 2. Critical angles in legal research 3. Empirical legal research 4. Fundamental research 5. Humans in law’s grammar...
Contents:Preface 1. Common object of legal research 2. Critical angles in legal research 3. Empirical legal research 4. Fundamental research 5. Humans in law’s grammar 6. Explorative research 7. Epilogue: horizons of legal research Glossary Bibliography Index
- Publisher & Date:
- Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 2020.
- Date of Publication:
- Edward Elgar
- A 52.3.2
- 9781788977180 (pbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|A 52.3.2 Bal 2020||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
A 52.3.2 Bal 2020