Creditor treatment in corporate insolvency law
- Full Title:
- Creditor treatment in corporate insolvency law
- Akintola, Kayode.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Kayode Akintola
- Elgar Corporate and Insolvency Law and Practice series
- 256 p.
- The significant role of credit in obtaining corporate capital means that credit and the treatment of creditors’ interests raises distinctive issues in the event of...
Summary:The significant role of credit in obtaining corporate capital means that credit and the treatment of creditors’ interests raises distinctive issues in the event of company insolvency. In this book, Kayode Akintola addresses these issues, providing an exceptional in-depth analysis of the principles, policy and practice of creditor treatment in corporate insolvency law.
Key features include: • an exploration of aspects of corporate insolvency law in need of reform • an extensive examination of the rights and priorities of secured and unsecured creditors in English corporate insolvency law • an analysis of the impacts of key legislative developments, such as the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016, and recent case law, such as the Supreme Court decision in the Lehman Waterfall case • a unique consideration of bank insolvency regimes in the context of creditor treatment.
- Foreword Part I - Credit and the Company 1. The Company, its Capital and Insolvency 2. Variants of Credit Part II - Creditor Treatment in...
Contents:Foreword Part I - Credit and the Company 1. The Company, its Capital and Insolvency 2. Variants of Credit Part II - Creditor Treatment in Corporate Insolvency Law 3. Principles of Creditor Treatment 4. The Treatment of Unsecured Creditors 5. The Treatment of Secured Creditors Part III - Closing: Creditor Treatment in Special Insolvency Proceedings 6. Bank Insolvency Proceedings Index
- Publisher & Date:
- Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 2020.
- Date of Publication:
- Edward Elgar
- GB 286.5.1
- 9781788971386 (hbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|GB 286.5.1 Aki 2020||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
GB 286.5.1 Aki 2020