Digitized statecraft in multilateral treaty participation : global quasi-legislative behavior of 193 sovereign states
- Full Title:
- Digitized statecraft in multilateral treaty participation : global quasi-legislative behavior of 193 sovereign states
- Inoguchi, Takashi.
- Other Author:
- Le,Lien Thi Quynh.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Takashi Inoguchi and Lien Thi Quynh Le.
- Evidence-Based Approaches to Peace and Conflict Studies
- Series Volume:
- XXIX, 267 p.
- This book is a rarity in that it opens a genuinely creative new vista for understanding global politics as distinguished from international politics, enhancing the...
Summary:This book is a rarity in that it opens a genuinely creative new vista for understanding global politics as distinguished from international politics, enhancing the vision for understanding global subjects such as multilateral treaties and the Covid-19 virus. Six hundred multilateral treaties deposited in the UN are conceptualized as a bundle of quasi-social contracts by sovereign states. A state’s participation in multilateral treaties is envisaged as digitized statecraft. Using a state’s physical actions and treaties’ attributes, 193 profiles of statecraft are analyzed with the implications for the future of global politics. This book demonstrates that multilateral treaties are both a vehicle and an agency in the globalization trend; thus, both state and international actors influence a state’s joining multilateral treaties. The book represents a marriage of international law and applied information science. It provides a framework for empirical modeling based on artificial intelligence and analyzes this framework in terms of international law and international relations. This book thus creates a new understanding of global politics.
- • Calculus of Statecraft • Aphorism by Pundits: Chanakya and Machiavelli • Data-Driven Empirical Modeling: The Advent of Globalization and Multilateral Treaties • One Hundred...
Contents:• Calculus of Statecraft • Aphorism by Pundits: Chanakya and Machiavelli • Data-Driven Empirical Modeling: The Advent of Globalization and Multilateral Treaties • One Hundred Ninety-Three Calculi of Statecraft • The Development of Multilateral Treaty Participation • Three Dimensions of Global Legislative Politics: Ten Regional Groups • Global Quasi-Legislative Behavior: Eight Types • Sinic Calculi of Statecraft • Adaptation to Multilateral Treaties • Comparative Statecraft in Sinic East • Multilateral Treaty Participation Triggers Upward Leap in Sinic East • Typology of Global Quasi-Legislative Behavior and Typology of Societies Focusing on Sinic East
- Publisher & Date:
- Singapore : Springer, 2021.
- Date of Publication:
- D 3.2.1
- 9789813344846 (hbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|D 3.2.1 Ino 2021||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
D 3.2.1 Ino 2021