Research handbook on law and emotion
- Full Title:
- Research handbook on law and emotion
- Other Author:
- Bandes, Susan A.
Madeira, Jody Lynée.
Temple, Kathryn D.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Edited by Susan A. Bandes, Jody Lyneé Madeira, Kathryn D. Temple and Emily Kidd White
- Research handbooks in legal theory
- 640 p.
- This illuminating Research Handbook analyses the role that emotions play and ought to play in legal reasoning and practice, rejecting the simplistic distinction between reason...
Summary:This illuminating Research Handbook analyses the role that emotions play and ought to play in legal reasoning and practice, rejecting the simplistic distinction between reason and emotion. International expert contributors take multidisciplinary approaches, drawing on neuroscience, philosophy, literary theory, psychology, history, and sociology to examine the role of a wide range of emotions across a variety of legal contexts. Chapters consider how the rich tapestry of human emotion impacts legal actors, influences legal doctrine, and shapes the dynamics of legal institutions. Moving beyond legal contexts traditionally considered rife with emotion such as the criminal law and jury trials, the Handbook explores how emotion relates to contracts, property, bankruptcy, international law, and truth and reconciliation commissions. It also reflects on the importance of research methodologies, theories, and techniques for assessing the role of emotion in the legal arena.
- • Introduction 1 • PART I FOUNDATIONS PSYCHOLOGY • NEUROSCIENCE • PHILOSOPHY • PEDAGOGY • PART II EMOTIONS • PART III LEGAL ACTORS • PART...
Contents:• Introduction 1 • PART I FOUNDATIONS PSYCHOLOGY • NEUROSCIENCE • PHILOSOPHY • PEDAGOGY • PART II EMOTIONS • PART III LEGAL ACTORS • PART IV LEGAL DOCTRINES • PART V LEGAL DECISION-MAKING • PART VI HISTORY OF LEGAL EMOTIONS • PART VII BEYOND THE COURTROOM LEGISLATION INTERNATIONAL LAWS AND TRIBUNALS • PART VIII CLASSIC ARTICLES • Index 601
- Publisher & Date:
- Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 2021.
- Date of Publication:
- Edward Elgar
- A 47.4
- 9781788119078 (hbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|A 47.4 Ban 2021||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
A 47.4 Ban 2021