The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights : a commentary
- Full Title:
- The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights : a commentary
- Other Author:
- Peers, Steve.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- edited by : Steve Peers, Tamara Hervey, Jeff Kenner and Angela Ward
- Related Title:
- Other edition available : 1st edition
- xliii, 1968 p.
- This second edition of the first commentary of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights in English, written by experts from several EU Member States, provides...
Summary:This second edition of the first commentary of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights in English, written by experts from several EU Member States, provides an authoritative but succinct statement of how the Charter impacts upon EU, domestic and international law. Following the conventional article-by-article approach, each commentator offers an expert view of how each article is either already being interpreted in the courts, or is likely to be interpreted. Each commentary is referenced to the case law and is augmented with extensive references to further reading. This is a much-welcomed new edition of the authoritative guide to the Charter.
- • Part I – Commentary on the Articles of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights • Part II – Reflections on the EU Charter of...
Contents:• Part I – Commentary on the Articles of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights • Part II – Reflections on the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights • The Place of the Charter in the European Legal Space • The Asymmetrical Impact of Article 47 of the Charter on National and EU Remedies • The Charter and Universal Human Rights Instruments • Mutual Trust and the Charter: A Salutary Irish Example • The Implementation of the Charter of Fundamental Rights by the EU Member States (as Reflected in the Work of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency) • The Charter and the General Court • The 'Dublin Regulation' and the Charter: An Impetus for Change • Fundamental Social Rights in the Charter – Are They Rights? Are They Fundamental? • Part III – Commentary on the Treaty of EU Accession to the European Convention on Human Rights • EU Accession to the ECHR
- Publisher & Date:
- Oxford : Hart publishing ; München : Beck ; Baden-Baden : Nomos, 2021.
- Date of Publication:
- Hart publishing
- EU 71.3
- 9781509933471 (Hart - hbk)
9781509933488 (Hart - pdf)
9781509933501 (Hart - Epub & Mobi)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|EU 71.3 Pee 2021||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
EU 71.3 Pee 2021