Digital technology and justice : justice apps
- Full Title:
- Digital technology and justice : justice apps
- Sourdin, Tania.
- Other Author:
- Meredith, Jacqueline.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- By Tania Sourdin, Jacqueline Meredith, Bin Li.
- Routledge focus
- 120 p.
- Justice apps – mobile and web-based programmes that can assist individuals with legal tasks – are being produced, improved, and accessed at an unprecedented rate....
Summary:Justice apps – mobile and web-based programmes that can assist individuals with legal tasks – are being produced, improved, and accessed at an unprecedented rate. These technologies have the potential to reshape the justice system, improve access to justice, and demystify legal institutions. Using artificial intelligence techniques, apps can even facilitate the resolution of common legal disputes. However, these opportunities must be assessed in light of the many challenges associated with app use in the justice sector. These include the digital divide and other accessibility issues; the ethical challenges raised by the dehumanisation of legal processes; and various privacy, security, and confidentiality risks. Surveying the landscape of this emergent industry, this book explores the objectives, opportunities, and challenges presented by apps across all areas of the justice sector. Detailed consideration is also given to the use of justice apps in specific legal contexts, including the family law and criminal law sectors. The first book to engage with justice apps, this book will appeal to a wide range of legal scholars, students, practitioners, and policy-makers.
- • Preface • Chapter 1 Introduction • Chapter 2 Digital Technology Use in the Justice Sector • Chapter 3 Justice Apps – Objectives and Opportunities...
Contents:• Preface • Chapter 1 Introduction • Chapter 2 Digital Technology Use in the Justice Sector • Chapter 3 Justice Apps – Objectives and Opportunities • Chapter 4 Justice Apps in Context • Chapter 5 Issues with Justice Apps • Chapter 6 Future Options • Bibliography
- Publisher & Date:
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2020.
- Date of Publication:
- C 281.7
- 9780367623524 (hbk)
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|C 281.7 Sou 2020||General collection||27/10/21 22:00||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
C 281.7 Sou 2020
Log in for more information.