Legal systems of the Pacific : introducing sixteen gems
- Full Title:
- Legal systems of the Pacific : introducing sixteen gems
- Other Author:
- Corrin, Jennifer.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- edited by Jennifer Corrin, Tony Angelo ; With a foreword by Dame Winnie Laban
- lvi, 468 p.
- This book provides an overview of the legal systems of a selection of Pacific Island countries. It gives a general outline of each system, with...
Summary:This book provides an overview of the legal systems of a selection of Pacific Island countries. It gives a general outline of each system, with emphasis on particularities and matters of current special interest, such as climate change and the environment. It offers easy reference and information about where to find more information on specific aspects of the legal system in each of those jurisdictions. With no new books written on these legal systems, namely the Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna, for nearly 30 years, Legal Systems of the Pacific fills a gap in the literature and offers an ‘insider’ perspective on the legal system, with the majority of authors being indigenous or long-term residents of the countries in question.
- • Table of Contents and Preliminary Pages (p. 0) • Introduction (p. 1) • The Cook Islands (p. 7) • Fiji (p. 41) • French...
Contents:• Table of Contents and Preliminary Pages (p. 0) • Introduction (p. 1) • The Cook Islands (p. 7) • Fiji (p. 41) • French Polynesia – Polynésie Française (p. 71) • Kiribati (p. 93) • Nauru (p. 119) • New Caledonia – Nouvelle-Calédonie (p. 141) • Niue (p. 165) • Papua New Guinea (p. 183) • Pitcairn (p. 235) • Samoa (p. 249) • Solomon Islands (p. 303) • Tokelau (p. 329) • Tonga (p. 351) • Tuvalu (p. 389) • Vanuatu (p. 405) • Wallis and Futuna – Wallis et Futuna (p. 443)
- Publisher & Date:
- Cambridge : Intersentia, 2021.
- Date of Publication:
- C 27
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|C 27 Cor 2021||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
C 27 Cor 2021