Gender rquity : challenges and opportunities. Proceedings of 2nd international conference of Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
- Full Title:
- Gender rquity : challenges and opportunities. Proceedings of 2nd international conference of Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
- Other Author:
- Mahajan, Vasundhara.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- Editors: Vasundhara Mahajan, Anandita Chowdhury, Urvashi Kaushal, Namrta Jariwala, Sharon A. Bong
- lv, 529 p. : Charts
- This book comprises the proceedings of the TEQIP III Sponsored 2nd International Conference on “Gender Equity: Challenges and Opportunities” (2nd ICOGECAO 2020 -Virtual Mode), held...
Summary:This book comprises the proceedings of the TEQIP III Sponsored 2nd International Conference on “Gender Equity: Challenges and Opportunities” (2nd ICOGECAO 2020 -Virtual Mode), held at Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat, India, from 25 to 27 November 2020. ICOGECAO provided a platform for researchers from multiple countries to present their views about the challenges associated with gender equity. Gender equity is one of the seventeen Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 5) set up by the United Nations in 2015, to promote and empower all genders equally. The proceedings strongly support the ideas of gender neutrality and blow out the mind-set of limiting gender studies to only women rights. They offer a collection of articles that break the stereotypes and myths often wrongly associated with gender. The ideas in the presented papers highlight gender-based discriminations, ask important questions and share facts that encompass beyond the so-called boundary lines. The authors contributed on various topics including but not limited to violence, crime, discrimination, and abuse against women and LGBTQ+ community. The basic motive of the presented book is to incorporate ideas and contribute to the sensitization and education about the important yet often neglected issues of gender equality. Thus, this book proves to be an essential resource for educators and researchers working in the field of gender studies. The work presents challenges caused due to COVID-19, social media, popular culture and work–life balance and explores empowerment through law, skills, technology and media. Some interesting case studies highlighted gender discrimination in science, sports and law. A variety of papers on literary texts were examined from a gender lens. The proceeding is divided into five subsections: 1. law, 2. literature, 3. management, 4. sociology and 5. social studies. The proceeding provides a wider perceptive and visuals about the sce
- • Digital Technology and Gender Equity: Challenges and Opportunities in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings • COVID-19 and Gender Equality: An Abnormal Normality • Parental Acceptance...
Contents:• Digital Technology and Gender Equity: Challenges and Opportunities in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings • COVID-19 and Gender Equality: An Abnormal Normality • Parental Acceptance and Challenges Faced by LGBTQ Youth in India and Their Mental Health • Assessing Abused Women Who Kill: (Ir)relevance of Gender in the Treatment of Spouse-Murder Defendants by the Criminal Justice Systems • An Assessment of Gender Inequality Experienced by Female Youth in Indian Household During COVID-19 Online Classes • She Education, Not Necessarily a Job Quotient • Gendered Experiences in the Virtual World: Online Harassment of Women and LGBTQI • Plight of the Women Workers in Unorganized Sector—A Growing Challenge • A Study of Legislative Framework for Women Protection in India • Smart Technologies for Smart Women Entrepreneurs • Gender Budget Analysis in Adolescent Girls’ Education: Evidence from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) in Rajasthan • Beyond the Binary: A Study on Distorting “Gender” Within a Cybernetic System • Analysis of Gender Budgeting in India • Women Academicians in Higher Education: Issues and Concerns • Progressive Women: Spearheading Leadership in New Era • Inescapable Occurrence in Women Migration • The Nexus Between Patriarchy and Capitalism: An Analysis of Mahesh Dattani’s Play Where There’s a Will • Empowering Women to Make Strategic Life Choices: A Study • Systemic Violence Against Women in India: A Challenge for Gender Equity • Psychological Empowerment of Women • Impact of National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) on Socio-economic Status of Scheduled Caste Women in Rural Assam
• Social Transformation in India: An Analysis with Specific Reference to Judicial Contribution Towards Protection of Human Rights of Women • Is Woman a Homogeneous Category? Understanding Latent Factors of Financial Literacy and Financial Well-Being • Gender Equity: Challenges and Opportunities • The Feminine in Kabir • Unequal Lives of Homosexual Groups: A Review of Literature • From Marginalization to Independence: Journey of a Mother and a Nation • Gender Equity and Inclusive Participation of Women: With Special Reference to PRIs • Achieving Equality Among Gender and Ethnic Groups through Multicultural Education: A Review • Assertion of Identities: A Study of the Select Dalit Women’s Narratives • Intersection Between Gender Equity and Solving Infertility Issues • Developing Professional Skills Among Women • Social Media Fatigue and Academic Performance: Gender Differences • Achieving Gender Equity: A Case for Science Education in India • Transgender Identity and Rights: Masquerading Equity in Media and Beyond • The Relevance of Intervention Programmes in School Setting to Sensitize Children Towards Gender Equity • Toilet Security and Gender: Addressing the Pandemic Vulnerabilities • Addressing Domestic Violence Against Women: A Comparative Analysis of the National Strategies of Four South Asian Countries • Marital Rape: A Non-criminalized Crime in India Against Women • Excruciation and Revelation in Manju Kapur’s Difficult Daughters • Ingenuity and Femininity in Githa Hariharan’s The Thousand Faces of Night • Canvassing Gender Issues and Opportunities in Select Indian English Fiction Through the Perspective of Dalit Women
• COVID and Crime Against Women • Gender Equity in Addressing the Multiplicity Within “Masculinity” Through Popular Culture • Insights of Work-life Balance from Women’s Perspective • Locating Non-normative Gender Construction Within Early Textual Traditions of India • Gender Inequality: Academic, Economic, Social and Pandemic Viewpoint • Gender Equity Through Gender Empathy and Inclusivity • Gender in Society Gender Inequality Hurting Humanity • Benevolent Sexism in the 21st Century: Exploring Law and Practice in India • Disparities Related Wages Among Male and Female Workers: The Study of Sector Wise in Rural India • Marital Age and Fecundity as Predictors of Gender-Based Violence in Uttarakhand, India • Revitalizing the Paradigm of Water Equity with Gender Dimension: Options and Opportunities for Symbiotic Water Law • Negotiating Normative Boundaries: Indian Sportswomen and Social Media Culture
- Publisher & Date:
- Singapore : Springer, 2022.
- Date of Publication:
- IN 58.2.6
In the Library
|Call Number||Location||Availability||Description||Loan Type|
|IN 58.2.6 Mah 2022||General collection||On Shelf||-||For regular loan|
In the Library
IN 58.2.6 Mah 2022